I'm going through something extremely exhausting and painful
- yet somehow so transformational and beautiful.
In blindsight this metamorphosis process was revealed to me in a black butterfly I saw this summer. She had just came out of it's cocoon and there was this red liquid next to her, like she had been bleeding blood. Her wings had this gorgeous white lace detail, like a veil of a bride that was ready to be given into marriage. Time to leave the childhood behind.
I have never seen anything quite like it.
I got to observe her, embrace her form with my eyes.
She was not instantly ready to go, as we know, these processes are slow
and they take time, if you just have gotten out of this vulnerable state where
you could have died.
No wonder she was bleeding.
There are so many parasites that can destroy the cocoon from inside out and eat the insect.
And there was also this spider web surrounding her, so if she did fly, she could get tangled.
There was a reason for me to be there.
I carefully took the spiders web away, so now the air was clear.
She could go. But she still waited.
She was not ready to go yet
but I was,
I got her message, it was there,
so so clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment